The sawmill was located on eleven acres of freehold land adjacent to the West Burleigh Railway Station.
In 1886 a meeting was held to discuss the establishment of a School of Arts and Mechanics' Institute.
Thousands of tourists travelled up the mountain to admire the tulips, daffodils and other flowers on display in garden beds.
From 1893 to the early 1930s the Maid of Sker made weekly trips carrying passengers, sugar and general cargo from Brisbane to Southport and Nerang.
Dr Lorin Hawes, an American aeronautical scientist, settled on the Gold Coast and opened the Boomerang Farm as a tourist attraction in 1965.
For many years the digger remained in place beside the highway and was a landmark that children would salute as they passed.
Nerang Station was located 49 miles 11 chains (78.6 km) from South Brisbane on the eastern side of Nerang township and provided water for the steam locomotives.
The Mudgeeraba-Springbrook Road was built largely by hand with the use of explosives, bullock teams and horse drawn scoops and rollers.
The H2 Hinde Tree (Macadamia integrifolia) was one of 30 trees believed to be planted in the 1920s at ‘Colliston’ by Michael James Hinde on his Gilston farm which he had established in 1879.
The bridge contained 224 girders that were 61½ feet long and 6½ tons each and were the largest solid girders ever imported into Queensland at the time.